I am a Learner
- I’m having problems logging in
- I can't change my password
- How do I access the content?
- I'm enrolled on the wrong course.
- I can’t launch the course
- I still can’t launch the course
- I can’t view the course after launching
- The course has loaded but I cannot find a ‘next’ or ‘continue’ button
- I'm having problems watching the videos within the eLearning
- I have completed the course but the status is showing as 'Not completed'
- The site has said I’ve lost connection, what does this mean?
- I’m still having difficulty using the site.
What is the minimum hardware specification?
The e-learning will run on a basic hardware specification, although the faster your computer, the better the content will run. We recommend the following specifications:
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster
- RAM: 1GB or higher
- Screen Resolution: 1024x768 monitor display size
- Audio: 16 bit audio; speakers or headphones are required
- Video: 16 bit graphics
- Input Devices: Keyboard and Mouse
- Network Connection: Broadband or LAN at 512 kbit/s
The courses will be accessed across the internet by various users in various locations. As such we cannot predict what your available bandwidth might be.
If any courses on this site include rich media such as videos, please ensure you have a good stable connection. If the site detects there is a poor connection, you will be displayed the following error message.
You can also use the system checker block on the site that appears on the left side to check before you progress with any learning on the site.
What software do I need to view the training?
The e-learning will work with most popular operating systems and browsers, though it has been specifically designed to work with the following:
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Mac OSX 10.4 and 10.5
- Internet Explorer 11
- Firefox (latest version)
- Safari 8+
- Google Chrome (latest version)
- Popup blocker enabled for https://learning.networkrail.co.uk and *.learning.networkrail.co.uk
Players and plug-ins
- Some courses require Adobe Flash Player - we recommend updating to the latest version.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 6 or higher to view PDF resources
To download the latest version of the Flash player, please visit this site: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
I am a Learner
Overview of process
Log in to the system > Search for the course > Enrol on the course > Open and complete the eLearning
I’m having problems logging in
For those with an individual Network Rail IT username and password, you can log in using Single-Sign On.
If you are already logged in to MyConnect, click on ‘eLearning’ link found under ‘Key Links’ as per the screenshot below. You will be automatically logged in.
If you access https://learning.networkrail.co.uk via the browser, you can sign in with your work account to access this site and many more, all with a single click.
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: “your Microsoft account password”
Please note: when you update your NR IT password, it will automatically synchronise with the NR eLearning system.
Once you have logged in, you will be redirected to your personalised eLearning profile.